Sunday, September 18, 2005

Something Of A Revelation

Okay I just got back from a night on the town, so excuse my spelling (I'll go over it and edit out any obvious errors later on when I'm sober). Tonight started off like any other night out, with the shower, get dressed, spray on deodorant , pick out clothes to wear (blue jeans, black pointy toed boots and my "My Brain is hung like a horse" T-shirt) and then head to the pub to meet up with a mate. In this case the pub was Henry's (which is about 3 mins walk max from my front door) and the mate was Dan who is bakery manager at work, and one of my friday night D&D group. Supposed to meet him at about 8:30pm in the pub. I was late... he was later, so I spent the first half-hour of the evening in the company of the lovely Naomi (she of the handcuffs dangling from her low cut trousers, that were so low cut I could clearly tell that she was wearing black lace knickers) before Dan showed up.

Watched him and Naomi play a couple games of pool, then played her myself and won, before saying my goodbyes and heading off alone to the Market House pub. Now you might remember me being tempted by their 80's night last week, but I didn't go then. But clever them, it is a weekly feature!!

Ohh joy, a night out on a Saturday with decent music!! My many many prayers have been answered. So in I go, and buy a drink that my now ex-girlfriend Dianna introduced me too (A mexican beer called Corona which comes in bottles and is drunk with a slice of lime pushed down the neck of the bottle). I then took up position near the dancefloor, drinking my first drink and gazing down into the pit (the pub has a large cellar level that is open to the street level and I call it the pit) and a blonde comes up, pinches my ass and smiles at me, mentioning that it's her birthday. I know she came up from the pit because her friends down there are very obviously watching me.

I think I offended her, at any rate she soon left and didn't really spare me a glance the rest of the evening. To be honest I was stunned. Women as a rule do not find me attractive. They certainly don't pinch my ass and hit on me. And she wasn't alone. I love to dance so after a couple drinks, and when a good song started up, I hit the dancefloor. And women ground themsleves against me, made room to allow me to dance in their midst, watched and smiled (not mockingly either) as I moved. And I was lost, I honestly didn't know what to do, which is a shame because there was a hen night group in, all dressed up in pirate clobber. With them was a VERY striking brunette dressed like a hula dancer who smiled at me more than once.

I don't know if she'll be there next week, but my Saturday nights now have meaning and purpose. And I really hope I get to see her again. Still, right now I am going to sleep. I think I'll dream of something other than purple alligators tonight, beautiful hula girls would be good!

No comments: