Friday, September 09, 2005

Blink And You Would Have Missed Me

rI went out. I skipped the part where I sit and have a couple drinks and went straight to the bit where I'm walking around trying to pick a pub. I decided on the Market House, big ass building smack in the middle of the town centre with a pub on the ground floor and basement. Tonight was Ladies Night! Great, I thought... forgetting that in this crazy town Ladies Night means actually very few ladies and tonnes of single blokes looking for any girl foolish enough to walk into the place.

But I had a beer anyway, even found a vacant table. But the music wasn't for me (or anyone else by the look of the completely empty dancefloor. I mean really empty, no-one was even stood near it!), and so I moved off. Dellar's Wharf, the big nightclub in town wasn't open and Remedies, Yate's and Shout (the other sizeable nightclub worth mentioning) were dead. Weird bit is there were lots of people about, walking around, just like me and I guess not finding much to their liking either cos I passed a few groups more than once.

So I came home early and seeing as I napped all afternoon and hadn't eaten since lunchtime I grabbed a chicken kebab which is technically food. Still, I did notice that the Market House has an all 80's night on Saturday, so that could be much more my thing.

No comments: