Friday, September 23, 2005

Insomnia Sucks

I can't sleep, well not right at this minute anyway. This is most likely due to having been asleep for most of the day and a pretty big chunk of yesterday too. I think my body is rebelling at the idea of spending more time comatose. See I'm still ill, and this worries me. Normally I get something like flu and it is here and gone within 48 hours, always been the way, apart from a 3 week bout of a very virulent strain that I got when I went to University in Oct '96.

Only I caught this flu on Sunday, suffered with it at work Monday and Tuesday and I've had the last couple days off work (my 2 days off this week). And I'm still ill, if anything it has gotten worse. I've lost all feeling in my nose aside from the bottom of it which stings like crazy and is very red. My lungs feel like they've been put through a cheese grater. I was sick earlier today and to add to my woes I gained (and thankfully lost) a headache earlier today as well. In short I am not a happy camper right now.

I've taken hot lemon (thanks for that Gareth), exhausted my supply of Max Strength Lemsip powders, taken aspirin and flushed my body with plenty of water. And I'm still ill. So now I'm resorting to drastic tactics. I'm starving the little bastard out. At the time of writing this I've not eaten anything in over 12 hours now, and I threw up earlier the couple sandwiches I did have for lunch before the headache stole my appetite away. My stomach is growling now and then, but it gets nothing, not until this bug is well and truly dead.

So it is really annoying right now that I cannot sleep, because I'm forced to be awake, with an empty stomach. My hatred for this strain of flu grows by the hour. But until it is dead I put nothing past these lips but cold water. I've gone over 3 days without food before now simply to prove to myself that I could. Let's see how long this bug can last.

No comments: