Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I'm Ill

I hate being ill, it really isn't any fun at all except for when you're at school and your Mum insists you stay home that day... and even then it isn't much fun cos you spend most of the day in bed, with a temperature and a rapidly depleting box of tissues. I'm not at school and as Jeanette is on holiday at work, taking the day off sick wasn't an option either (though I was late, bloody alarm clock ceased working in the night!).

So I have spent all day snuffling and sniffing, feeling really rather sorry for myself and trying to avoid the tired cliche of men being utterly weak and pathetic when they get ill, which women so love to bring up to tease us with. I've gone though a lot of tissue today, and this is super absorbant Blue Roll that we use in the store, not regular tissue.

I've taken some Lemsip Max Strength now to try and kill whatever bug I have got, and I have plenty more of it to pour down my neck if the little bastard can't take a hint and sod off to annoy someone else. I've got better things to do than be ill.

No comments: