Friday, November 18, 2005

Retro-Publishing

One of the great advantages that the internet has over print as a forum for expression, is the ability to go back and edit your work, without having to issue an entire new copy of it. I am forever sifting through my back posts and editing them, clearing up typos and bad grammar, substituting words that on retrospect weren't quite what I wanted to say, for those that get my message across better. It is said that hindsight is 20/20, well the internet (and more specifically this blog), allows me to make use of that.

I also add to past posts, such as today adding an extra paragraph into the Rogues Gallery for Derek Adams, as well as removing a comment I made in jest about Jon Wright in his Rogues Gallery entry, which he seems to have taken offense too. Do I think that this is re-writing the past? Yes. Do I think that this is wrong in any way? No.

No comments: