Thursday, November 10, 2005

Nothing Much Happened Today

I've had the day off work, and been taking it easy. As I didn't have to get up early I didn't bother to set my alarm clock, and as it was gone 3am before I got into bed (owing to roleplaying in a Gor chatroom where my character lives), so it was about 11am when I finally woke up. Grabbed a quick shower and made myself an early lunch (Turkey ham and brown sauce sandwiches, washed down with apple & blackcurrant cordial) and sat down at the computer.

Didn't have much in the way of emails to sort through and no messages on either MSN or ICQ to read, and when Shaye headed to work, I was left with no-one online to talk too, I lost myself in the game of Civilisation III that I've been playing on and off for the past week, finally winning a cultural victory, whilst simultaneously crushing the Arabian civilisation into the dust (hey they declared war on me, just defending myself. Quite why they were stupid enough to do this, when I had tanks and aircraft, and they were still defending their cities with spearmen I don't know. Sure was fun exterminating them though).

I've done a bit of roleplay online today, read my usual assortment of webcomics and news pages, and listened to my jukebox folder of mp3's on random play for the past few hours. Flicked through my latest issue of Dragon magazine too, but nothing in it that really grabed my imagnation and made me think "Ohh, gotta find a way to use that in my D&D campaign". Not sure what to do now for the rest of the evening, but I am tempted to lob a DVD in the machine and watch a movie on my widescreen tv down in the lounge. Now I just need to choose what to watch!

No comments: