Tuesday, November 22, 2005

On Your Marks.. Get Set.. Stop!!

rI am on holiday now for the next 11 days, and as a result have bought myself a few treats to enjoy for the first day or two (I always do this). Got myself a couple varieties of pate, some french mini baguettes, some toffee pecan danishes (well I did have those, they've been devoured whilst I was writing this post). Ohh and a bottle of Mead.

I've always wanted to try Mead. I mean it is the oldest known form of alcohol, and history is replete with mentions of it, dating back as far as 10,000 years. So while I was at Clevedon store today putting labels out in the Beers, Wines and Spirits aisle, I was surprised to find that the store sold a bottle of Harvest Gold Mead. And for only £3.69 too. For 70cl of the stuff, at 13% proof, it certainly looked tempting. So when I was dropped off back at my store this evening, I went and searched, and lo and behold, our store also carries it.

It is in the fridge right now, I tried a slurp of the stuff at room temperature and it is quite nice (it is afterall made from honey), but I think a bit of chill will improve it. So that's my night tonight. I'm going to enjoy french bread with pate, cold mead and a movie I think. As for the rest of the holiday, got no idea what I'm going to do, but I am going to take it easy. Even bought a couple vanilla scented candles to unwind with.

No comments: