Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Headache Attack!!

Woke up yesterday at noon, and within minutes I had a headache. It was mild to begin with, but grew stronger through the day, and as a result I didn't eat anything, as I knew it'd end up being hurled down the loo anyway. I was still sick though, throwing up a pint of water I'd drunk, so I've been careful to only drink small amounts since then.

I spent most of yesterday asleep, which wasn't easy after sleeping for like 10 hours the night before, and finally I couldn't sleep anymore. So I distracted myself for a couple hours by watching X-Men the movie, which helped me (mostly) forget the pain in my head, until of course it finished and the headache came back.

By then I'd had enough, and got dressed, pulled on my sheepskin lined denim jacket (a xmas present from my mate Jon last year, very useful it is too!) and headed out to the supermarket down the hill, which is open 24 hours. I don't think I've ever been shopping at gone midnight before, but it was a weird experience. I don't think there was another customer in the store, I know I didn't see one. Lots of staff filling shelves though. It was bizarre, but at least I didn't have to queue at the tills (heck I had to call someone to open a till so I could buy my goods).

The walk there and home again did me some good, it is late November and the air is brisk, which was nice. I bought some Nurofen Meltlets, which are these clever painkilling tablets that dissolve on the tongue, so no water needed. Also they are lemon flavoured so no bad taste in the mouth afterward. I bought a few other bits for my cupboard and the fridge (I can't ever go into a supermarket and come out with just the item I went in for it seems), as well as a can of Heinz Roast Chicken soup, as I was by then ravenously hungry and figured that if I couldn't keep solids down, I should be able to manage soup at least.

The soup was really good, and I had a couple slices of bread with it, broken up into small pieces and dunked in to give the soup a bit of texture and to test just what I could keep down. Thus far no problems, the tablets seem to be doing the trick in ridding me of this wretched headache, and the food is staying where it should. Here's hoping Wednesday is nicer to me!

No comments: