Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Saturday Like Any Other

I woke up late today. This is permissible as I didn't get to bed until 3am or thereabouts. I did set my alarm for fairly early, but it went off, and I got up (I keep my alarm clock on the other side of the room, so I have to get up to turn it off), turned it off and went back to bed. Bad me! so when I did finally get out of bed around noon, it was too late for me to go and get that haircut that I promised myself I'd get today. I think I have Monday off work, so I'll go and get my head shaved then.

Set off at around about 2:30pm on the walk to the cinema with Gareth, the pair of us intent on seeing the new Chronicles of Narnia movie. Tony declined to come along, but after we had reached the cinema (with a sidetrek to the McDonald's nearby first for me to grab a late lunch), he joined us anyway having reconsidered watching the film. As for the film, it was okay. If I had to rate it I'd give it a 3/5, it looks superb (especially the Beavers!) but several bits in it are very cheesy (especially the ending), and while it is obvious that the reason for it being made, is Disney's attempt to cash in on the phenomenal success of the superior Lord of the Rings movies, the director of this film is no Peter Jackson. Next week I have Friday off work, I will be at the cinema early to watch King Kong at least once (and maybe twice), and see the work of a true genius director.

Anyway, back to today. Gareth and I walked home, coming back through town and as we were both hungry by then, stopped off in KFC for some food, before running into the Adam's brothers (Richard & Derek) as well as Jon Wright in the town centre, and getting persuaded to join them in visiting Henry's pub at the top of the High Street. Jon bought me a pint of Guiness, and then when no-one else wanted to face him at Pool, I gamely volunteered (despite being terrible at the game). We played 6 games, he beat me 5-1, and I got the feeling he was going a bit easy on me. I've seen Jon play others, he could have beaten me a lot harder than he did.

With that done, and 9pm creeping up on me, I exited the pub and nipped home (about a 3 min walk away), to change my laundry in the machine, spray on some deodorant, comb hair and drop off my coat, before heading back out and going to the Market House for 80's Night, drawing £10 out of the ATM on the way.

It wasn't a good night at the pub though. No-one was dancing, the music was hit and miss, and the thieving bitch barmaid was on duty, though I avoided getting served by her (which is a good thing cos I'd have made a scene else). Weirdly tonight everyone seemed to be congregating in the cellar pit area of the pub, which is normally the first part of the pub to empty. So I left early and headed straight home, avoiding the temptation to hit Tuckers cafe first (my body can only take so much Fast Food in one day!). So here I am, typing this as I listen too (and sing-a-long with) music from my jukebox folder of mp3's (with my folder of Xmas songs added in for good measure).

No comments: