Monday, December 26, 2005

All Wrapped Up

So another Xmas has come and while not quite gone yet, it is on its way. I am back in my house now, though right at this moment I'm alone here, as it seems Gareth did stay over his parents house last night and has yet to return. As for Tony he went to his Mum's place in Cornwall back on Tuesday. Won't see him now till New Year's Eve. The mess the pair of them left their rooms in though is frankly appalling!

I've had a good Xmas, though it was slightly marred by a mild headache that was with me from when I woke yesterday, until the early hours of this morning, when I finally went to bed. I could have done without that. I didn't eat too much, or drink too much. I had a Xmas of moderation this year and I feel a bit better for that. It was a good lunch (Though granted I'm horribly biased, I have always loved my Mum's cooking, always will), Turkey with all the trimmings. First time we'd had a turkey in a few years, so it was a good change (and it made for great cold meat sandwiches for lunch today too!), finished off with Xmas Pud.

Watched some movies on DVD (Madagascar, Fantastic Four and Kingdom of Heaven), and a fair bit of festive TV including the Xmas Special of Doctor Who, which was great fun. Certainly wasn't going to miss that, and it lived up to the hype. Roll on the next series in the spring! In fact we pretty much stuck with BBC1 for the day, what with watching the special editions of My Family (funny if weird), Doctor Who, The Green Green Grass (fun, but a very predictable plot), Eastenders (not my choice, but the parents wanted to watch it), and The Two Ronnies Christmas Sketchbook (hilarious in places, tinged with sadness in that there won't be another).

My main Xmas pressie this year was a very snazzy IT Works 3045 digital camera, with which I'm gonna have all kinds of fun, just as soon as I get a memory card for it (daft thing didn't come supplied with one. A bit of an oversight there by the manufacturers I think). Still, it meant I could return my parents camera, which I've had on extended loan for most of the past year. I use the camera both for pics on the blog, as well as for my ebay auctions, which I plan on resuming in January. I've still got tonnes of comics, old books and toys to get rid of, and I can use the money from the sales to pay money off my credit card.

So what else did I get? I got the usual kinda things (though thankfully no socks!), such as deodorant, shower gel, a tube of Skittles (not eaten any of those in years, so that was very different), a new belt (which I was in dire need of, as the old one is horribly twisted and frayed), a blue bathrobe which looks very snug, Doritos and Dip!, and a couple DVD's: Fantastic Four off my Nan, and Batman Begins from my Grandparents. Ohh also got a new Forgotten Realms novel off my brother, and a Discworld hardback off Mum & Dad (both of which will be reviewed here once I've read them).

Got two nice factual books as well, both about inventions, and who made what and when. Fascinating reading. I pretty much always get a large factual book from my parents each year (last year it was The Times Atlas of World History, which is a book large and heavy enough to club a whale to death with!). Other previous "big fact books" have included Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Encyclopedia of Space, and History of Slavery.

2 comments:

Spider Girl said...

Have fun with your new camera---I got my first digital one two Christmases ago and they are the best toys ever. :)

As for socks, hmmm, I love getting new socks. Simple things I know...

Brakkart said...

I don't actually mind getting socks if I need them, it's just I recently bought a load of them, so didn't need any more.

And yeah digicam's rock, gonna get a big memory card for it, and then go snap shots of places around my town for posting here, as well as more Rogue's Gallery entries.

Your blog is pretty cool by the way!