Saturday, December 03, 2005

Quotes From Another Three Movies

Well I like movies, and I liked how the first of these posts looked on the site, so I'm going to add this format to the list of semi-regular articles, and post one now and then.

The Fifth Element (1997)

Leeloo: Everything you create, you use to destroy.
Korben Dallas: Yeah, we call it human nature.

Police: Are you classified as human?
Korben Dallas: Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Korben Dallas: Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English.

[Demonstrating a weapon]
Zorg: Voila! The ZF-1.
[The weapon opens, and Zorg picks it up]
Zorg: It's light. Handle's adjustable for easy carrying, good for righties and lefties. Breaks down into four parts, undetectable by x-ray, ideal for quick, discreet interventions. A word on firepower. Titanium recharger, three thousand round clip with bursts of three to three hundred, and with the Replay button - another Zorg invention - it's even easier.
[The lights illuminate a mannequin dressed in Police armor]
Zorg: One shot...
[He spins on his heel and shoots the mannequin once]
Zorg: And Replay sends every following shot to the same location!
[He sprays bullets at the Mangalores, but all of them turn around and hit the mannequin]
Zorg: And to finish the job, all the Zorg oldies-but-goldies. Rocket launcher...
[A missile streaks out and destroys the mannequins riot shield]
Zorg: Arrow launcher, with exploding or poisonous gas heads...
[A set of darts hit the mannequin in the face]
Zorg: Very practical. Our famous net launcher...
[A net flies out and ensnares the mannequin]
Zorg: The always efficient flame-thrower...
[A stream of flame burns the mannequin]
Zorg: [grins] My favorite. And for the Grand Finale, the all new Ice Cube System!
[A cloud of liquid nitrogen envelops the mannequin, causing it to burst into pieces and collapse to the floor. The Mangalores applaud]

Zorg: I don't like warriors. Too narrow-minded, no subtlety. And worse, they fight for hopeless causes. Honor? Huh! Honor's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one.

Priest Vito Cornelius: You're a monster, Zorg.
Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: I know.

[Father Cornelius and Ruby Rhod see the bomb stuck to the door]
Priest Vito Cornelius: It's a - it's a - it's a - it's a - it's a - it's a...
DJ Ruby Rhod: No no no no no no. 'Cuz if it was a bomb, the alarms would go off 'cuz all these hotels have bomb detectors, right?
[The alarms go off!]

Gladiator (2000)

Maximus: At my signal, unleash hell.

Commodus: How dare you show your back to me! Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name.
Maximus: [removes helmet and turns around to face Commodus] My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Proximo: [addressing his new recruits] I am Proximo! I shall be closer to you for the next few days, which will be the last of your miserable lives, than that bitch of a mother who first brought you screaming into this world! I did not pay good money for your company. I paid it so that I might profit from your death. And just as your mother was there at your beginning, I shall be there at your end. And when you die - and die you shall - your transition will be to the sound of...
[claps his hands]
Proximo: Gladiators... I salute you.

Sahara (2005)

Admiral James Sandecker: [tracking Dirk and Al] Where would they go? Where are they headed?
Carl: Well, based on their behavior so far... I have no idea.

Dirk Pitt: I'm sorry, I don't speak English.
Gunboat Officer: You are speaking English right now.
Dirk Pitt: No no, I only know how to say, "I don't speak English" in English.

Admiral James Sandecker: [after being ignored on the phone] They're ignoring me. I can't believe they are ignoring me.
[turns around to see that no one is listening to him on his ship]
Admiral James Sandecker: Everyone's ignoring me. Pick up the damn phone!!

Rudi Gunn: But I was hoping to meet a girl on the Australian trip!
Al Giordino: No, African Warzone; Ship of Death!

General Zateb Kazim: Don't worry. It's Africa. Nobody cares about Africa.

No comments: