Thursday, December 01, 2005

Rise Of The Snakemen

Back in August 2004 I began running a D&D campaign titled Rise of the Snakemen. I had grand plans for it, but even so I figured it wouldn't last more than a couple months, as for some reason or other none of my previous campaigns ever had. So imagine my surprise to find myself still running it well over a year later!

The plot began with the groups characters hired by a merchant named Morn Buckman to protect his warehouse, as theives had been targetting it for a string of bizarre thefts that had the owner baffled, as the burglars were taking ingredients for spellcasting that had little real value. Still theft is theft and Buckman as a sensible businessman was not going to put up with it. From that innocent start, the characters have found themselves enmeshed in a plot of staggering scope, woven by the sinister yuan-ti, a race of snakelike humanoids.

The group (who are now known as The Party With No Name as they couldn't settle on a name to call themselves), have travelled over half a continent in pursuit of a renegade yuan-ti scientist by the name of Esau Enoch, who has devised an alchemical process which allows him to mass produce super-strong fanatical clone soldiers, which he has termed Megalomen. And as they have recently found out having just caught up to him, the snakemen's plot is just the tip of a far larger and worse plot, to reshape a planet!

I have added a link to the sidebar today for anyone who wants to read this story, which I post on the EN World message boards. If you read it and like it leave a comment here, or there. I always enjoy reading feedback. And for those of you who have been reading it for some time now, yes I have updated it today!

1 comment:

Brakkart said...

What's this? Sarcasm from someone who doesn't even have their name on their profile? For shame.

Yes it was a couple months between posts. Your point is what?