Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Walking Away

I quit online Gor tonight. I've not been happy roleplaying online in the various chatrooms for some time now. I honestly cannot put my finger on any one particular thing that has brought about this abandonment. I can't say "That is the straw that broke the camel's back". It's lots of little things, that individually niggle at me, and force me to make this adjustment, and that compromise. And finally there comes a point where you have to look around, and you realise that you aren't where you thought you were.

I love the world of Gor, I have 24 of the 26 novels in print, and would dearly love to complete the collection (I'm missing the books Kajira of Gor and Magicians of Gor). I'm not giving up on the world as written, just as it is portrayed online. I'm fed up of the hypocrisy, of people saying one thing and doing another and thinking nothing of it, or coming up with bullshit excuses to justify their actions. Everyone has a breaking point. I've been pushed slowly but surely past mine.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my time, and it is a lot of time I'm talking about, hours everyday are suddenly freed up. I guess I'll work out what to do with the free time as I go along.

No comments: