Friday, January 27, 2006

Digital TV A Go Go

My birthday was last week, but I collected my last but one present tonight (the last one being a bottle of bourbon I need to go and fetch from my brothers flat at some point). This one though was from my parents, a Freeview Digital TV box, which allows my TV to now receive about 30 extra channels for free. Or at least it will once I've replaced a couple cables, as Tony, Gareth and myself spent and hour or so plugging it in and testing it, and while we did finally get it to pick up all the availiable channels, some of them blink on and off.

Tony reckons that replacing the pair of co-axial cables that the box needs to link it both to the aerial and to the TV, should fix the problem. So I'll get those when I've got the money. Still the channels that we can get already are good, with crisp pictures and sound; a HUGE improvement over the reception we had before.

No comments: