Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Fun Day

I've enjoyed today. I woke up at around noon after a good long nights sleep, and was informed by Tony that not only had he downloaded the new episodes of sci-fi TV that air on the US Sci-Fi channel on a Friday night, but that he'd grabbed several more episodes of Stargate Atlantis too, which (as far as I know) haven't even been aired yet. This called for a marathon session, and so we watched episodes 2.12 through 2.16 of Atlantis back to back.

Following this we also watched episode 2.12 of Stargate SG-1 and 2.12 of Battlestar Galactica, both of which were a lot of fun. I love those 3 shows, Atlantis is my favourite but Galactica is the best written and acted of the trio. I'm just a sucker for anything to do with the famed lost city, always have been.

Our television marathon was brought to an end by me having to get changed and head out to the store where I work, in order to catch a lift to the Hollywood Bowl to take part in a staff 10 pin bowling contest. It was well attended, with about 50 people in all, most of whom got very drunk. I had three pints of lager, a bottle of Reef and a double Jack Daniels and coke, which got me in a more melancholy than merry mood. My bowling didn't help. I;m not a sore loser, but I do prefer to win, and I bowled like crap tonight.

In an average game of 10 pin bowling, I'll usually score somewhere between 80-100 and I have a couple times gone nicely into triple figures. Not so tonight, as we played 2 games, and I bowled 62 in the first, 75 in the second. What's worse is that at the end of the night the team I was in got given the wooden spoons for lowest scoring team, even though we twice outscored those in the lane next to us. They got a bottle of wine each!

Still, as my Mum pointed out in the car on the trip back home (after grabbing some food at the McD's cos I was ravenous by then), a wooden spoon is going to be a lot more use when I live in a house of three bachelors, none of whom like doing the washing up. It will come in useful the next time I make stir fry. So today has been good all in all, a nice start to my week off work. Still got a couple episodes each of Lost and Smallville to catch up on too, but they'll have to wait until Tuesday night I think.

No comments: