Saturday, January 07, 2006

Five Minutes Of Mayhem

Every once in a while, the three of us in this house will gather together and do the dishes. This isn't as regular an occurence as it really should be, but it is one that I enjoy. I generally do the washing, while Tony and Gareth dry the dishes and put them away. And we'll chat whilst we do this, and have a laugh and a bit of larking about. But none of that is what this post is about, this post is about what came after the dishwashing today.

Namely the lightsaber battle! All three of us have toy lightsabers. Gareth has a slightly better model one with a green blade, whilst Tony and myself have simple telescopic red blade sabers. It was fun to do battle with them for a few minutes, even if the chosen battlefield wasn't a very clever one (the ground floor to first floor stairwell, which is both steep and narrow). Chaos abounded with all three of us gleefully attacking each other at random. It was a laugh though next time we do battle I think the lounge would be a better venue (though not too close to my television!)

I cheated to win, grabbing the pump-action watergun I keep in my room, and sending the other two running! I'll doubtless pay for that bit of trickery next time, but it'll have been worth it!

No comments: