Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Good End To A Shift

Ahh today was a busy day at work, that ended very well indeed. It was busy as it was just me and my boss Mark O'Brien in the office all day, and there was a lot of info to tap into the computers. My fingers are kinda knackered after hours of that. And the phone just never seemed to stop ringing! I'm beginning to really hate that phone!

Towards the end of my shift though, Graeme Erskine (Manager of the Beers, Wines & Spirits dept) came into the office to ask to see a report, and as we looked at it I noticed that he'd reduced a case of Fosters lager. I asked about it, and he said that one of the cans was smashed, so he'd knocked the pack down to half price, or £5.29 for 23 cans! I asked if it had been sold, and he said no. At which point I reserved it for myself. I'd be insane not to get it for that price! Twenty three cans will fill my mini fridge nearly 6 times over, or to put it another way, it will keep me in beer for a good 2-3 weeks.

Had a hell of a time getting it home though, had to sit the pack on one end in two carrier bags, and then tie a third around those bags handles to give me a handle I could carry it by. And I had to keep swapping which arm I was carrying it with, because a case of beer isn't exactly light weight. Still it was worth the aggro to bring it home. A couple cans are now in the mini fridge (along with the remainder of the vodka I bought for New Years Eve), while the rest are in storage. Since I hate warm lager, I figure if I only keep a couple cans chilled at a time then I can't guzzle the cans away, and will thus make the case last longer.

No comments: