Monday, October 10, 2005

A Tiring Day

I started work in the Admin dept today at lunchtime. Not bad, certainly not as bad as a few had led me to believe it was going to be (I'm looking at you Jon). Certainly kept me busy though, a lot of data entry into the computers in the office, and as a result of all the cross-checking and typing and looking at screens, I'm actually quite tired (though that might have more to do with me being unused to working till 9pm, and not having had my usual afternoon pint of coffee).

On the way home I stopped off in the Market House for a pint of Stella Artois and a packet of dry roasted peanuts. I just needed a quick time out from life at work and life at home, and the place was nearly empty and on my way home. Was nice to just sit, enjoy a cold brew, have some nibbles and listen to the two girls in the seating booth next to mine who were completely wasted. Was amusing, as every other bloke in the bar had their eyes on the pair, who seemed quite oblivious to the sharks closing in on them. I left after my drink, and am now home. Think I'll make myself some coffee and chill out to some cartoons or something before hitting the sack.

Ohh and I'll listen to the drunken women outside the house heading home from the pub next door, but that one isn't by choice, just a consequence of having single-glazed windows!

No comments: