Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rogues Gallery: Gareth Gillingham

As this series of articles details the people in my life, I thought that it would be best to start at home and work out from there. So this profile is on my other housemate Gareth, who moved in at the end of June 2005, to replace Jon.

I always thought I'd first met Gareth in Krackers Games Shop only a few years back, until he pointed out that he had lived in the same road as me for years before that, back when I lived with my parents, brother and sister in Feversham Way at the north end of Priorswood. Turns out the kid with the extra curly hair and the scary looking dad that I remembered from then was in fact my friend. Small world huh?

Gareth is the quiet one of the household, in fact Tony and I often have to call downstairs to check he is even in the house, as he logs into Everquest or Star Wars: Galaxies and is happy as a clam for hours on end, with us not hearing a peep out of him. I'm getting him to play some Civilization 3 too, so I can crush him at it!

A fan of roleplaying games, fantasy novels, movies and tv (especially Babylon 5) he fits well into the household, and the three of us bachelors never tire of stuff to talk about. Gareth is a Christian, the only religious person in the house, and also the most social of the three of us, playing Basketball, and having two other roleplay sessions a week in addition to being a part of my D&D group on Friday nights. He also attends a LARP event 2-3 times a year.

He is a year older than me, his birthday being about a week after mine in January. He moved in because it was about time he got out of his parents house, and I think he has taken to life outside the nest very well, he's even starting to keep his room tidy (seriously at one point it was hard to see carpet under the piles of clothes and books, and just general mess. The inspection we had last week forced him to tidy the pit up and hopefully it will stay tidy).

No comments: