Saturday, October 01, 2005

Generosity

So as it turns out, I am going out tonight, after listening a days worth of "But you've got to come out". I wriggled, mentioned being broke... "I'll buy you a drink or two, Mads will buy you a drink, etc etc will buy you a drink". No matter what I said they had a better answer for it. They being my friends Dan and Richard, and then I mentioned this to my Mum (who also works in the Morrisons store where I work), and found two crisp £10 notes pressed into a hand, with a smile and a "You go and have a good night out".

Every once in a while, I find myself surprised that somehow, this grumpy old thing has people that really care about it. So I'm gonna go hit the shower, get dressed and head out to spend a night with friends, good music and a few drinks. *smiles* Thanks Mum!

No comments: