Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday The 13th

Some people fear Friday the 13th, there's even an offical phobia name for that (Which a quick Google search revealed to be: Paraskevidekatriaphobia). Not me though. To the best of my knowledge, nothing bad has ever happened to me on a Friday 13th. Monday 13th on the other hand, that's another story.

I'm not a Mondays kind of person anyway. It has got nothing to do with the usual Monday blues that affect office workers and the like, who get to go back to work on that day. I work most weekends so I don't get that. I'm not sure why it is, but me and Mondays just don't go well together. And at no time is that more apparent than a Monday 13th, such as today. Guaranteed come rain or shine, something bad always happens to me on a Monday 13th and today was business as usual.

I woke up this morning, sat up in bed, yawned and then stretched... and damn near choked from the blinding flash of pain that shot up and down the left side of my torso. I have no idea what caused it, but the muscles in that side of my body have ached like hell all day, and every now and then spasmed slightly just to rub salt in the wound. A couple of these have had me gasping for breath. It has thankfully subsided now though as the day nears its end, and I am hopeful that when my body relaxes in sleep tonight, the muscles will sort themselves out so that tomorrow I will wake with just the memory of a day spent in pain, and not facing another actual day of such.

A look at the calendar reveals that there is but one Friday 13th this year, but 3 Monday 13ths! Thankfully, with today almost over, and one last month as well, I just have one more to "look forward" too in 2006 and that is several months away.

No comments: