Sunday, March 19, 2006

Death Warmed Over

I feel pretty rough right about now, though I'm not sleepy really. Brain feels worn out but then I've had my RPG group across at the house today for a monster session of D&D, which involved one huge battle royale where the group took on an entire Cult of the Dragon ceremony complete with Dracolich in a straight fight. 3 of the 5 members of the party were killed in the ensuing chaos (the characters played by Gareth, Tony and Matt), but by the end of the session they had either been reincarnated or raised from the dead (for the 5th time in the case of Matt's maniacal dwarf barbarian), and the group finished the session by teleporting back into the cult stronghold to continue their crusade to wipe out the cultists.

Still many hours in a small room with 5 other people has had some side effects, namely a nose that is running like a tap, eyes that are stinging and my throat feeling a bit raw from all the speaking. It was a good day though, and was in a way compensation for there being no Games Club last night (the hall was booked out for a Quiz Night instead). We got about 2 normal sessions worth of adventuring done in the space of today, as well as a lot of chat and laughs.

So I'm sat here now with the curtains open, listening to a folder of Bangles mp3's and feeling a bit urgh. I have a novel in front of me, that I need to write a book review for, but I'll leave that for later today I think. I do need to order some more novels though, as I'm down to just 3 on my back list to read now. Hopefully all the caffeine I've drunk in the form of coffee and cola will wear off soon so I can get some sleep. I am quite enjoying having this weekend off as a holiday. no work for me until noon on Wednesday!

No comments: