Friday, April 14, 2006

A Great Discovery

This morning I was in the process of packing up the figures to be mailed off, when I realised I needed some more padded envelopes. Fancying a walk anyway to help me wake up, I headed out to WHSmith's and duly bought the envelopes once I'd located them amidst the stores new (and frankly very odd) layout. Me being me, I can never just go to one shop, so I browsed a few others and remembered that I needed some new pens for work too.

So I set off towards Poundland and in doing so passed the entrance to Whittard's, the coffee and tea shop. I've only ever been in it a couple times, but as yet I've never done so and gotten out again without spending money. Figuring I'd treat myself to a bottle of caramel syrup for my coffee, I went in and found it and then looked at the shelf above...

Where there were jars of flavoured coffees. Vanila, Irish, Hazelnut and the like. All very tempting to try, but the one that got my attention was on the end of the shelf. Chocolate Caramel flavoured coffee! I love chocolate, I love caramel and I love coffee, so I just had to try a jar of it. I'm happy to report that it is quite nice, but it is lacking in the overall coffee taste. So I'll likely just have a couple mugs or so of just it, before adding the rest of the granules into The Blend and seeing what that tastes like then, as I think the current mix of Columbian coffee in the blend could well offset the taste deficiency of the new jar.

My search for the ultimate coffee blend continues.

No comments: