Wednesday, October 19, 2005

On The Plus Side...

One thing about working in the Admin dept that I'm finding enjoyable is not having to deal with irate customers on the shopfloor, being that the office is up above all that, and tucked away behind a security door. Even better, I get to pass on customers who phone in with queries and complaints to other people. There is something quite satisfying about doing so.

Take today for example, the car park attendant slapped tickets on about a dozen cars that were parked too long, and when the customers got home, they called in, either angry or with a sob story. You know the usual excuses "I didn't know", "I was only a few minutes late back", "It's not fair" etc etc. And I didn't have to deal with one of them, I could simply ask them to hold the line, and then call the embattled staff at the Customer Service Desk, letting them know that they had a call on the line in my my friendliest voice, before transferring the call to them.

I could really get to like this job!

No comments: