Saturday, October 15, 2005

Last Night

Well since one of the group couldn't make it to D&D last night, I called off the session and decided I'd give Friday Night on the town a try. After all I'd been out a few times recently on Saturday night, and I was curious as to what Friday at my usual pub was like. I knew that Friday was Traffic Light Night at the Market House.

If you don't know what a Traffic Light Party is, allow me to explain. Basically everyone who comes into the pub is asked whether they are Red, Amber or Green, and then given a sticker to wear somewhere prominent of the colour they chose. The colour has significance:

1. Red - Means you are attached and you are not looking to meet anyone.

2. Amber - Means maybe you are attached, maybe you aren't. Basically this colour is chosen by people who want to tease, and/or those who prefer that people talk to them to find out whether or not they are up for grabs.

3. Green - Means you are definately single and looking to not stay that way.

I've been to a Traffic Light night before at college, and wore Amber then, because I thought it would be good to have a little bit of uncertainty about myself. No such reservations this time, so I opted for Green. It wasn't a good night out really, though I did get quite drunk, mainly because there was nothing else to do. I arrived at the pub too early (before they even started playing music), and when the tunes did start up none of it was stuff like I liked.

Still this is me, I love to dance, and so I hit the dancefloor, and lost myself in the music a couple times, danced with a trio of ladies, one of whom seemed very interested on the dancefloor, but not at all once off of it. Ahh well. I think I'll stick to my Saturday 80's Night for going out in future. Still the barmaids were HOT, and the best looking one of the lot was wearing green stickers (one per breast, a nice way of showing that she was availiable I thought), so I'll have to look and see if she works Saturdays.

No comments: