Saturday, October 15, 2005

Drunken Lullabies

I promised my friend Karen that I'd write a review of the couple songs she emailed me, so here goes for the first of them. The song is Drunken Lullabies by a band called Flogging Molly, who I've never heard of before. The song is VERY lively, a sort of insane cross between Irish folk music and rock. The best comparison I can think of is that if the band Rednex sang in an irish accent, they would sound much like this group does.

I like the song, it has an infectious rythmn to it that is hard to dislike. I can't honestly say I think much of the lyrics, but that is mainly because they are sung at such speed,and in a strong accent, to music that is powerful. I don't think you are meant to really notice them. I'll have to see what else this band has come up with, as if it is more of the same, they just gained a fan. Thanks Karen!

No comments: