Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mmm Beer.. Arrgghh Keyboard!!

The title of this post pretty much sums up what happened. There I was very early this morning (no work today) watching cartoons (X-Men Evolution rocks) and drinking a can of Fosters lager, when a thought occured to me that it would be a good idea if I plugged in my headphones, as not only do they have better sound quality than my computers speakers, but it was gone 2am, and the noise from me watching the toons could be keeping my housemates awake (in particular Gareth, whose room is directly under mine).

So I reached across the desk, grabbed up the headphones and lifted them, and in the process knocked over my can of beer... right onto my keyboard. Needless to say the two really don't mix, and two thirds of my keyboard died a lager-induced death. I only found out that it didn't work this morning though. So out I went into the pouring rain to buy another keyboard, an expense I could have done without. Thank the various divine ones for Argos. I'm now typing this on a very nice (and cheap) media keyboard with all kinds of extra buttons on it that my old one didn't have, including one to bring up winamp, and another for the calculator. Dunno what the others do as yet, but I'm gonna have fun finding out!!

No comments: