Thursday, October 06, 2005

Eat My Dust

At the Market House on Saturday, Linda mentioned the name of a local band called Catherine Wheel and I replied that I'd never heard of them. So since she had my email she offered to send me one of their songs, which a couple days back she duly did. The song in question is called "Eat My Dust You Insensitive Fuck".

Now when I opened the email and downloaded the track to my desktop I was thinking "Great, a rock track". It isn't. With a title like that I generally assumed the tune would consist of a lot of guitars and drums, shouted if not screamed lyrics, music in the vein of groups like Skid Row, GNR and Metallica. Boy was I wrong. If anything the best way I can describe the song is that it is a ballad!

I mean it. I've listened to it through a few times now (it is like 8 minutes long), and that is honestly the best way I can think of to describe it. And it's wicked creepy. There is something deeply unsettling about someone almost whispering swear words. And it's a male voice too which only adds to the effect. I can't say I like the song (sorry Linda), but it sure is interesting.

No comments: