Wednesday, August 23, 2006

An Unusual Sight


This was the view from my window a short while ago. I was writing the previous post at the time which is why I didn't post the photo sooner. As I was writing I heard the clop clop sound of hooves, and looked out the window to see a trio of horse-drawn waggons being led past. As that was a very rare sight, I snatched up my digicam and snapped them, before they vanished from view. I thought I'd share the image with you.

I actually like genuine gypsies, they are a rare remnant of an ancient lifestyle, which was nearly wiped out by the Nazi's programme of extermination against them. It is the modern day bands of roving scum (sorry can't think of a better word for them) that are the New Age Travellers that I despise. I've only ever seen a couple gypsey waggons before today so to see three at the same time, and going past my window no less, was a real treat.

No comments: