Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Malta Diary - Day Six (30/7/06)

8:05am - Depression has abated a little, time for breakfast then going to stay by the pool for the day. I am tempted to take a boat trip around the islands tomorrow, as there is one that leaves at 11am and it was highly reccomended by a woman called Sheila who I was talking too last night in the Cocktail Lounge. It is also the same company that Charlotte was handing out flyers for earlier in the week.

2:35pm - Back from the pool for a bit. One problem I've found is that being on your own at a hotel where everyone is with someone else means you get stared at a LOT. I've never been one to stand in the limelight, so it frankly it is very annoying when I am trying to read my book in peace, and I can feel peoples eyes on me all of the time. So I've retreated to the solitude of my room for a while, and I will read some more out on the balcony.

6:25pm - A few more hours have slipped by at the poolside. Spent a while chatting to Chris and Rachel as they were interested in the islands history and I was keen to know about their year spent travelling around the world. I am back in my room now watching 25 Years of MTV on the Euro MTV channel. I can't understand a word the presenter says, or any of the adverts for that matter, but the music videos are all in english. I've just watched Eternal Flame by the Bangles and Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'N' Roses. Push It by Salt 'N' Pepa is on at the moment. I was about to head out for some dinner when I found this by channel surfing. Think I'll stay in and watch videos for a while longer as I'm not that hungry yet, and I do love 80's music.

11:50pm - Dinner (when I eventually grew tired of music videos) was at the Al Ponte. I've found a table I like there (#53 overlooking Mellieha Bay) and the food and service are both superb (as well as the prices). I had Garlic Bread for a starter followed by a main course of pasta (I've forgotten the dishes exact name but it was very nice) with a bottle of very cold white wine.
From there I headed to the cyber cafe and spent a half hour or so reading webcomics and chatting to a couple friends on MSN, before heading across the street to the Bar 120 where I remained for the next couple hours. Didn't drink so much this time, but because of the bottle of wine earlier still ended up pleasantly drunk. Very handy that the Bar 120 has a door at the back of it that leads into a room where the elevators to my floor are! Staggering distance indeed! Night World!

No comments: