Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Malta Diary - Day Seven (31/7/.06)

9:00am - I've allowed myself to sleep in late this morning (but not so late that I can't get breakfast). So it's off to Les Jardins to enjoy for the last time the incredible selection of breakfast foods availiable on their buffet. I've eaten very well this past week, think I'll go for cold meats, cheese and bread this morning.

10:20am - I've had breakfast and done some shopping. Bought a big bottle of cold water for the poolside, a couple big bottles of Kinnie to take home with me as well as a truly lovely candle which I think Mum might like. I've got to head to the pool now as the housekeeping lady is here.

2:35pm - I think that is enough pool for today. I'm tired from all the swimming and my brain aches from all the reading I've done as I've just finished the trilogy that I brought with me. So I've come back to my room to chill out for a while while watching music videos. Might take a nap thinking about it, seeing as I've got to get up at 3am tomorrow and I know myself well enough to know that I'll likely get no sleep tonight.

7:15pm - I feel fantastic after several hours of naptime. I'm about to head out to dinner now as I need food (didn't have much in the way of lunch) and then I'll visit the cyber cafe before coming back here and packing my things.

11:05pm - I'm watching Shakira shake her stuff on MTV as I write this. I had dinner at the Al Ponte at my favourite table again. Treated myself to a bottle of Rose Wine and I had the Irish Rib Eye Steak again. I was joined there not long after I'd finished my main course (and was trying to get the waitresses attention for the dessert menu) by Chris & Rachel. It was nice to have people to talk too for a while. Was a good evening all in all, and I chatted with them as I enjoyed a Fresh Sensation dessert (2 scoops of lemon sorbet, drizzled in Limoncello liqueor and raspbery coulis), a magical combination and only 1.25Lm!

I went to the cyber cafe for an hour or so, mostly spent reading webcomics and chatting to my friend Savanna. Time I got everything packed up and ready to go now though.

11:25pm - Well I was going to go to sleep once I was done packing, but just as I was turning off MTV on comes Live Guns 'N' Roses from one of their 1992 concerts. I slept earlier, so I think I'll stay up and watch this for a while. The alarm clock is set for 3am, everything is packed and I'm ready to go in the morning. Not looking forward to the room service bill though!

1 comment:

Krypter said...

Nice blog. I never knew there was so much interesting stuff in Malta.