Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Too Damn Hot!

Britain is currently suffering in a heatwave. I could say enduring, but I think suffering is a far more apt word for the way I feel about this. I'm not a lover of summer. The heat, the sweat, the smell, the glare. Urgh. Give me winter anyday, where it is cold, dark, wet, windy and miserable for months on end. Far more my kind of weather.

I'm writing this after spending a night awake, because I could not get to sleep no matter what. I have the problem that the window in my room doesn't open and I sleep with the door shut. So no air flow and a warm night means my room gets very humid. Despite sleeping on top of my bed covers, I still couldn't get to sleep. This wouldn't be so bad, I've had sleepless nights before after all, only today I am helping my friend Matt Cheetham move house. So it's not like I can grab a nap in the afternoon when the tiredness catches up to me.

What makes matters worse still is that there is no milk in the house, so no coffee to help me stay awake. It's going to be a long day I can just feel it. Still with any luck, sheer exhaustion if nothing else, will ensure I get a good nights sleep tonight.

No comments: