Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Odd Bunch

I didn't go out last night, I'd woken up with a stinking headache early yesterday morning which had caused me to throw up a couple times before I gave up on the idea of going to work and phoned to let them know I would not be in. I slept in till nearly noon and while the headache did eventually sod off (4 Nurofen's and a lot of water & sleep helped), I felt a bit urgh the rest of the day. So while I knew that last night was my friend Mads Bak's birthday piss up, I really didn't feel up to going out. Tony and Gareth did though, and since they got back to the house at about 3am this morning and were loud enough to wake me up I can surmise that a good time was had by them.

What I didn't realise was that there was a theme to the birthday (though I really should have guessed as my circle of mates LOVE to dress up). So while I wasn't there, my mate Jon Wright was and has sent me a few photos of the night in the hope that I'd post them on here. Wish granted Jon, here's the pictures:


From left to right: Mads Bak (pronounced Mazz Back), Jon Wright, Sean Chard, Dan Shapter (finally captured on film!) and Richard Adams. Don't they look just dapper?


The one, the only Jon Wright!


Sean looks on as Rich struts his funky stuff!


The birthday boy himself, Mads Bak.


Mads is looking very merry by this point of the night, whereas Rich looks kinda fed up, or is that intense you're trying for with that expression mate?


And here he is again (well it was his birthday so only right he is in most of the photos). Ladies, I give you Mads Bak, and yes he is single at the time of writing this.

Looks like you all had a good night out, sorry I wasn't out to share that with you. Still, thanks to Jon and his camera, it is recorded for posterity here.

No comments: