Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Revenge Of Quotes From Three Movies!

Been a while since I've posted one of these, so without further rambling by me, here we go:

Troy (2004)

Priam: I've fought many wars in my time. Some I've fought for land, some for power, some for glory. I suppose fighting for love makes more sense than all the rest.

Agamemnon: A great victory was won today, but that victory was not yours. Kings do not kneel to Achilles. Kings do not pay homage to Achilles.
Achilles: Perhaps the kings were too far behind to see: the soldiers won the battle.
Agamemnon: History remembers KINGS, not soldiers! Tomorrow we'll batter down the gates of Troy. I'll build monuments for victory on every island of Greece. I'll carve Agamemnon in the stones.
Achilles: Be careful King of kings. First you need the victory.

Hector: Turn us around! Take us back to Sparta! You fool! Do you know what you've done? Do you know how many years our father worked for peace?
Paris: Wait! Listen to me. I love her.
Hector: Ugh. It's all a game to you isn't it? You roam from town to town, bedding merchants' wives and temple maids and you think you know something about love? What about your father's love? You spat on him when you brought her onto this ship! What about the love for your country? You'd let Troy burn for this woman? I won't let you start a war for her.
Paris: May I speak? If what you say is true. I've wronged you. I've wronged our father. If you want to take Helen back to Sparta, so be it! But I go with her.
Hector: To Sparta, they'll kill you.
Paris: Then I'll die fighting.
Hector: Oh, and that's sounds heroic to you doesn't it? To die fighting. Tell me little brother, have you ever killed a man?
Paris: No.
Hector: Ever seen a man die in combat?
Paris: No.
Hector: I've killed men and I've heard them dying and I've watched them dying and there's nothing glorious about it, nothing poetic. You say you're willing to die for love but you know nothing about dying and you know nothing about love!
Paris: All the same, I go with her. I won't ask you to fight my war.
Hector: You already have

Achilles: Go home, prince. Drink some wine, make love to your wife. Tomorrow, we'll have our war.
Hector: You speak of war as if it's a game. But how many wives wait at Troy's gates for husbands they'll never see again?
Achilles: Perhaps your brother can comfort them. I hear he's good at charming other men's wives.

Helen: You should not have come here tonight.
Paris: That's what you said last night?
Helen: Last night was a mistake.
Paris: And the night before?
Helen: I have made many mistakes this week.

Achilles: [to his men] Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Nestor: This will be the greatest war the world has ever seen. We need the greatest warrior.

Messenger Boy: Are the stories true? They say your mother was an immortal godess. They say you can't be killed.
Achilles: I wouldn't be bothering with the shield then, would I?
Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

[to Briseis]
Achilles: You don't have to fear me girl. You're the only Trojan who can say that.

Briseis: I thought you were a dumb brute. I could have forgiven a dumb brute.

Thetis: If you stay in Larissa, you will find peace. You will find a wonderful woman, and you will have sons and daughters, who will have children. And they'll all love you and remember your name. But when your children are dead, and their children after them, your name will be forgotten... If you go to Troy, glory will be yours. They will write stories about your victories in thousands of years! And the world will remember your name. But if you go to Troy, you will never come back... for your glory walks hand-in-hand with your doom. And I shall never see you again.

Agamemnon: Achilles is one man!
Odysseus: Hector is one man! Look what he did to us today!
Agamemnon: Hector fights for his country! Achilles fights only for himself!
Odysseus: I don't care about the man's alliegence, I care about his ability to win battles!

Achilles: You were brave to fight them.
Briseis: To fight back when I'm attacked? A dog has that kind of courage.

Achilles: Things are less simple today.
Odysseus: Women have a way of complicating things.

Conan the Barbarian (1982)

The Wizard: Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And onto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

Conan: Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Valeria: Do you want to live forever?

Conan: What gods do you pray to?
Subotai: I pray to the four winds... and you?
Conan: To Crom... but I seldom pray to him, he doesn't listen.
Subotai: [chuckles] What good is he then? Ah, it's just as I've always said.
Conan: He is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, "What is the riddle of steel?" If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me. That's Crom, strong on his mountain!
Subotai: Ah, my god is greater.
Conan: [chuckles] Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain.
Subotai: My god is stronger. He is the everlasting sky! Your god lives underneath him.
[Conan shoots Subotai a skeptical look. Subotai laughs]

The Wizard: The Children of Doom... Doom's Children. They told my lord the way to the Mountain of Power. They told him to throw down his sword and return to the Earth... Ha! Time enough for the Earth in the grave.

Thulsa Doom: You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered by servants and my pets, and THAT is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake... Thorgrim is beside himself with grief! He raised that snake.

Thulsa Doom: Infidel Defilers. They shall all drown in lakes of blood.

Thulsa Doom: Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night.

Mongol General: We have won again. That is good! But what is best in life?
Mongolian trainee: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair!
Mongol General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

Subotai: He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry, so I cry for him.

Moonraker (1979)

[Bond dangles from a cable car a thousand feet up]
Dr. Holly Goodhead: Hang on!
James Bond: The thought had occurred to me.

Hugo Drax: Mr. Bond, you persist in defying my efforts to provide an amusing death for you.

Hugo Drax: Look after Mr. Bond. See that some harm comes to him.

Hugo Drax: James Bond. You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season.

Dr. Holly Goodhead: Come on, Mr. Bond. A 70-year-old can take 3 G's.
James Bond: Well, the trouble is there's never a 70-year-old around when you need one.

Hugo Drax: Allow me to introduce you to the airlock chamber. Observe, Mr Bond, your route from this world to the next. And the treacherous Dr Goodhead; your desire to become America's first woman in space will shortly be fulfilled.

Dr. Holly Goodhead: James?
James Bond: I think it may be time to go home.
Dr. Holly Goodhead: Take me 'round the world one more time.

Hugo Drax: Jaws, Mr. Bond must be cold after his swim. Place him where he can be assured of warmth.

No comments: