Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Ohhh This Is My Island In The Sun...

Reports of my demise have no doubt already been circulating. They are as usual greatly exaggerated, sorry to disapoint folks. I'm keeping a diary while I'm here, but can't afford to type all of that out in the cyber cafe, so I'll get all of that (and the photos) posted when I get back. This is just a quickie post really to say that I'm here, alive and I'm having fun. Walked a 15km round trip this morning to go and view this big red castle that overlooks the other end of the town, and have just spent several hours crashed out by the pool, alternating between reading and swimming.

The food is good, and the drink is better, they have a very odd soft drink here made from bitter oranges called Kinnie, it's an acquired taste to be sure, but then I'm a soft drink addict so it didn't take me long to acquire it. As to the title of this post, well anyone who's ever watched The Muppet Christmas Carol can probably spot the reference. I'll likely post again before my week is up.

Ohh and it is hot here, damn hot, no hotter than what you are thinking of I can assure you. There's not been any rain here for months and the Maltese aren't expecting any until September at the earliest! Kinda puts England's heatwave in the shame.

No comments: