Saturday, June 03, 2006

Hectic

That is the best word I can think of to describe being at work today. I guessed walking to work this morning that we were in for a busy day, as the sun was out and it was already hot out, and this was at 8:15am! Past experience has taught me that hot weather = high sales on cream cakes. Today was no exception, and so myself and my Cake Shop colleague John Punch found ourselves struggling at times to keep the cream cake cabinet filled up due to the demand.

What surprised us both, was the number of the larger desserts we sold. While things like fresh cream filled sponges are always good sellers, we sold a half dozen gateau's today and more than that number of fruit flans, much to John's surprise/annoyance, as he was the one making those products, while I concentrated on the smaller items like doughnuts, iced buns, scones and sundaes. When he left at 3pm he'd made a good number of flans for the backstock fridge. I think he might be a bit disapointed when he gets into work tomorrow to find them all gone!

I'm not in work now until 7am Tuesday, so right now I'm staying up late, drinking coffee and chatting online. Doctor Who was good earlier tonight and I'm very much looking forward to next weeks episode which will resolve one nasty cliffhanger ending! After the rushing around of this morning and afternoon, the laid back calm of this evening has been very welcome.

No comments: