Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Fun In The Sun

I've been enjoying myself today. I've had the day off work and went for lunch at Henry's Pub with Gareth, where I met my mates Dan Shapter as well as the Adams brothers, Derek and Richard. It was a good lunch and afterwards once the food and drink had gone down, the five of us set off to help Derek find a suitcase for the holiday that the three of them are going on next week to Cyprus. After a quick look in Debenhams which proved fruitless, he found what he was looking for in a small shop in St. James Street which sold nothing but luggage!

Taking that and their shopping back to Rich & Derek's flat, we lounged there for a while as we chatted. We were debating going and hanging out in a park and what we would do when we got there. Dan wanted to pick up a Aerobee (some kind of advanced Frisbee I guess) from Toymaster on the way to Vivary Park. I think it was Rich though, who suggested Crazy Golf. I didn't even know there was a Crazy Golf course in Taunton, but all of us were keen to give it a go, so off we went.

We went via Iceland, picking up cold drinks on the way. None of us knew how much a round of Crazy Golf was going to cost us, but I think we were all impressed with the low fee of just £2.20 for an adult (plus a 20p charge for a pencil to write our scores with). I love Crazy Golf, I've played it loads of times and maybe nostalgia is clouding my memory of past games, but I could swear I used to be a lot better at playing it than I was today. Here are the scores after 18 holes:

  1. Dan Shapter: 44
  2. Richard Adams: 58
  3. Derek Adams: 59
  4. Gareth Gillingham: 61
  5. Robert Langford: 83

As you can see, it really wasn't my day! Gareth though managed two holes in one (which impressed us, especially getting one on the 17th), though that didn't stop him from winding up in 4th place. It was a fun way to kill an hour or so and at that price, I'll definately be playing again soon.

No comments: