Tuesday, May 09, 2006

An Early Start To The Day

I had a headache when I got home from work yesterday so not long after getting in, I decided to take a Nurofen and take a nap whilst the pill sorted my head out. Only I forgot to set my alarm clock. I'm not one of these people who sleeps lightly. When I sleep, I'm dead to the world. So I didn't nap, I snoozed. I think I went to bed at about 6:30pm. I can't be sure but I think it was around then. I meant to set the alarm clock for 9pm. As it was, I woke up at about 3am and then couldn't get back to sleep.

I made myself a pint of squash (mouth felt like old carpet. Dehydration is not pleasant) and sat down at my computer. Spent the next couple hours talking and roleplaying with my ex-girlfriend Dana in the new chatroom she frequents. It was fun and I'll likely do it again soon. When she logged off to get some sleep (she lives in Britain but keeps weird hours) I went and made myself a big bowl of cereal.

I'm not a big cereal eater, but I like to have some in the house for when I do get the craving for some. Usually this will be Alpen Muesli (the no added sugar variety), but currently it is Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Clusters with chocolate curls, because it is a VERY nice cereal and because the boxes of it are on Buy One Get One Free at work. So I've been sat in my window watching the town wake up and hurry to work whilst listening to The Bangles songs which I have on random play. I have today and tomorrow off, so it's been nice to see people walking and driving by, knowing that I don't have to head out and join them.

I've also been watching the three ducks who chose to sleep on the lawn under one of the trees across the road last night. It's been fun watching them wake up, stretch, do a hellish amount of preening and strutting and then saunter off towards the pond in the grounds of County Hall. They haven't gotten there yet though, they stopped at a large puddle in the Courthouse car park to drink, splash about and preen some more (must want to look their best I guess).

Not sure what I'm going to do with myself all day now that I've woken up so early though. Normally on a day off I'll sleep in till much later. Still if nothing better presents itself I'll just drink the contents of my mini fridge (3 pint cans of Carling lager) whilst watching movies.

No comments: