Friday, February 03, 2006

An Untypical Friday Night

Normally on a Friday Night I run Dungeons & Dragons at the Green Goblin Games Club. Not this week though. For once in a blue moon I had to work past 4pm today, and I finished work at 7pm instead. Too late to run the game, and I wasn't going to pay £1.50 just to be at the club for a couple hours. So I did a bit of shopping before I left the store and headed home.

I bought the usual stuff like bread, canned pink salmon (tastes the same as red salmon, less than half the price, and is great mashed up with a little black pepper in sandwiches), Doritos and hot salsa dip and a couple 2 litre bottles of Pepsi Max Twist (it has something that vaguely resembles lemon & lime flavouring added to it). I also bought myself a couple treats, namely a bottle of italian white wine called Soave, which is both cheap and quite tasty. I'm finishing the last of it as I write this. I also bought myself a new scented candle, as I enjoyed the couple vanilla ones I bought for my holiday back in late November. This one is Mocha scented, a heavenly mixture of coffee and chocolate to add aroma to my room.

Bought my ticket for tonights EuroMillions lottery too. I know I have a 1 in 76 million chance of winning the thing (well okay 2 in 76 million chance as I bought a couple rows of numbers), but for a chance at a £125 Million jackpot and with £3 to spend, I figured "Why not?" I know the odds of me winning it are next to impossible (the same bookie who worked out the actual odds, gave less odds on the world ending!), but I do know that someone will win it. I don't know what I'd do with that kind of money. I don't honestly think anyone as penniless as myself, can ever have any real concept, of just how much that kind of money will change not only your life, but also yourself. Still... sure would be fun to find out!

1 comment: