Monday, February 06, 2006

And Now For Something Bunny

I was browsing the BBC News website and I saw a link to the Newsround section (which for those of you who don't know the BBC, is a news program for children), about Herman, who may well be the world's largest rabbit. The full story is here.

I've included the picture here though, because just looking at it stuns me. That is one massive bunny! I like rabbits. I can remember the "joke" my Dad played on myself and my two siblings years back when he got us to eat rabbit. All of us were appalled when he told us what it was that we had eaten and I think it was a while before he was forgiven.

I get to see wild rabbits whenever I walk to the cinema, as the parkland either side of the River Tone, that stretches from the Town Centre to the Riverside complex where the cinema is, is home to hundreds of them. As I walk along the trackway through the park, so up ahead I'll see bunnies diving into the hedgerow, alerted by the tremors of my approaching footsteps.

I have seen a big bunny before, back when I used to be friends with a guy called Greg, who kept this big rabbit (which used to chase the local cats if they came into the back garden), and the size of that startled me. But this? This rabbit could eat Greg's rabbit whole and likely have room for seconds!

Part of me thinks "Urgh, that is some serious messing with nature", and a far larger part of me is wickedly envious of the guy holding it, cos damn that is one cool bunny!

No comments: