Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Goal...

 It's always important to have one, else what do you have to strive towards?

 With that in mind I've set myself a goal with regards to my painting skills. My favourite miniature painter is a Russian lady by the name of Natalya Melnik, who goes by the handle of Alexi Z online. She has many figures listed on Cool Mini Or Not (and many more that are just as impressive on her homepage). Her highest rated figure is a lofty 9.8 out of 10. My highest rated figure is a palty 4.4 by comparison.

 It would be an utterly insane and impossible challenge to equal her best by years end, so instead I'm setting myself the target to equal her worst score which is a 6.7. She got this score incidentally for the first figure she ever painted! Whether the figure in question deserves a 6.7 rating is doubtful to my thinking, I'd rate it a 5.5 myself, but that is it's score and so that is my challenge.

No comments: