Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Or Maybe I Won't...

...Need the energy today that is. The reason being that at some very early hour this morning (somewhere between 4 and 5 am I believe) I got a text message from my mate Dan Shapter telling me not to come into work at 6am after all, and that I'd get a phone call later today from boss (I'm presuming he means Lyndsey by this) to explain what is happening. Fair enough I figured and went back to bed.

A bit later on after waking up, Gareth came back in from whereever he had popped out too and mentioned something about there having been a fire at a petrol station. So I went onto the BBC News website and had a look at the stories for the South West of England and lo and behold, there was a fire last night at the Rover garage (not actually a petrol station, but very close to Morrisons one as it happens) and that as a result of a fear of gas tanks exploding, a good chunk of Station Road had been cordoned off and houses evacuated.

I would imagine that a stretch of Priory Bridge Road is likewise cordoned off, thus preventing road access to the store. Without customers being able to drive to the store and park, opening the store makes no sense as it would get very little business. So I get another day off work today and I'm writing this now at roughly the time I would be finishing my shift had I worked. I've yet to get any phonecall though.

The main thought that preoccupies me now is that several of my friends live in very close proximity to where the fire was, namely Richard & Derek Adams, my brother Rhys, Mads Bak, Sean Chard & his fiance Steph and also Matt & Jen. I'm very glad no-one has been injured as a result of the fire.

No comments: