Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Years Resolutions 2007

I should really have posted this a few days ago. While I could claim that I wanted to spend a bit longer thinking over what my resolutions for this year were going to be, the truth is I've known for days and have just been too bone idle to type them up. I have also been busy watching the DVD boxset that I bought of Season 1 of The Muppet Show. I finished watching the last of the 24 episodes on the sets 4 discs earlier today. Money very well spent I think. I've laughed more in these past couple days than I did in the whole of last year.

Anyway, moving on... here are my resolutions for 2007:

  1. Reduce my debts. I'm going to take another crack at this, as this was a resolution last year as well and I failed spectacularly in regards to it. Still, I have a pretty good idea how to go about clearing a sizeable chunk of what I owe and as I have next week off work, I'm going to get started on that.
  2. Take more pride in my appearance. I have been nagged by... well a lot of people actually, including my Mum and my boss at work about this. Not really sure how to go about this, or how it will benefit me as I'm quite happy the way I am, but I'll give it a try. I could ceetainly do with being nagged less.
  3. Reduce the amount of possessions I own. I STILL have boxes of comic books, old toys and more under my bed and I want them gone. As I also have a need for money (see resolution 1 above), then selling them off on ebay seems to be the best way to go about this.
  4. Try and get proofreading work. I passed the course in Copy Editing and Proofreading last year and as yet have done nothing with that qualification. 2007 is the year I try and get work in the publishing industry as a freelance proofreader.
  5. Write my blog more often. This last addition is motivated by the stack of 5 novels sat on my desk awaiting their reviews to be typed up. Also of late I have gone to write posts many times and stopped short of doing so, for fear of offending someone. This is despite the disclaimer at the top of the main page which states clearly "if you don't like what I write, don't read any more of it". I will try not to censor myself as often as I have been doing.
So there we are, 5 resolutions to try and stick too for the coming year. Assuming I manage to do so and to succeed, then my life should improve considerably by this time next year. Wish me luck!

No comments: