Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me

Or at least it would be if I were writing this up a couple hours from now having just woken up. No such luck. I woke up an hour ago and have been completely unable to get back to sleep since. So I'm sat here in my dressing gown making the best of a bad thing by writing this, in the hope that staring at my keyboard and computer screen will make me tired enough to be able to grab that couple more hours of kip.

I turn 31 today, officially at about 4:10pm I'm told. Whereas last year I had a quiet day at home and a meal in the evening with my parents, brother and best friends, this year I have a considerably more packed day ahead. I say I, but I should really be saying We, as for the past few years, I have shared my birthdays actitivites with my housemate & best friend Tony Searle, as today is also his birthday (he turns 32 today).

This morning I have promised to spend a couple hours roleplaying in MSN with my good friend Cheryl Fredericks, who lives in New Zealand. I've been talking and roleplaying with her online for something like two and a half years now give or take. I left the last roleplay session we did on a bit of a cliffhanger and she's been nagging me (nicely though) to put her out of her misery and resolve it, so 8:00am-10:00am today are set aside for that.

At 11:00-11:30am Tony and I will be taking his motorbike down to the Riverside Park on the outskirts of the town and heading to the Pizza Hut there for lunch. Yesterday after mentioning our plans for the day to a couple friends in the Bakery dept where I work, I invited them along, so we might well meet up with our friends Richard Adams, James Whitfield and Dan Shapter (who I asked Richard to pass the message along too). Which would be great, though if it is just the pair of us, well that's good too.

After lunch we will be heading to the Odeon cinema a short distance away and there watching the 1:10pm showing of Night At The Museum, followed by the 4:00pm showing of Employee Of The Month. Tony did want to see Eragon (which I've already seen but would happily have sat through another showing of), but it turns out that the Odeon stopped showing it as of last Friday, so we are going with a complete comedy line up today. Very much looking forward to seeing both those films, especially Employee as it is a comedy set in a supermarket, which is where I work afterall.

Employee should finish at around about 6:00pm, so from there we'll likely trek to the McDonalds Drive Thru for dinner. I say trek, but I mean stroll as it's just across the car park from the Odeon. And from there to the Hollywood Bowl (across another car park) and to the bar and arcades inside. I'm keen to have a go on Time Crisis 4 which I've not played before, but I've loved playing all 3Time Crisis games in the series before it. There we will be meeting up with several more members of the Bakery dept, as the Bakery are having our first attempt at a dept social outing. Two games of 10 pin bowling, plus drinks, chat and some healthy competition should be a nice way to round out the day.

I imagine we'll get back here for about 9:30pm where I have the bottle of 50% proof Smirnoff Blue Label vodka in the freezer waiting for me. Enjoyed a glass of that with icecubes and Clementine Juice (it was on Buy One Get One Free in work and I was curious as to what it was like) last night and it was superb. All in all I think I'm going to enjoy myself today.

No comments: