Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Blur That Was Wednesday

So today went by pretty fast. This is due in the main part to my sleeping through much of it (I woke up at about 6pm), though in fairness to myself I didn't go to bed until 8am. This was because of sleeping most of yesterday, so that by about 9pm last night I couldn't sleep a wink more. Indeed I'd been awake for about an hour by then, just lying in bed.

I spent a lot of last night talking to various people online, including my mate Dan who was on his third successive night of insomnia (ouch). I also played a lot of Civ III where I fought a second war with the Inca and handily won it, taking back the city I lost in the first Spanish-Incan war, and destroying 3 others, all without losing more than a half dozen units and not a single city of my own. True the Incan civilization is still there, but it is now considerably reduced in size, and at war with like 4 other nations as well, so I don't imagine they'll be around much longer.

Spent most of this evening roleplaying online and listening to music. Tomorrow I have to erase the details off the four battlemats we use for D&D and draw out the map on them (yes on all four of them), for an encounter I've wanted to run since I began my current campaign in August 2004. Not touched any of my miniatures that stand mutely on my painting desk needing work, nor done any more on my model Tarrasque this holiday, nor have I typed up the half dozen or so session logs of my D&D campaign that I have on the To-Do pile. I've just not been feeling very inspired at all.

1 comment:

Brakkart said...

I would love to move on to Civ IV, unfortunately my computer will not run it at the moment, as my last processor melted, and I'm stuck with a 700mhz Athlon for a time. Also what with Xmas and such, I'm short of funds with which to buy it. It is on my To-Get list though, but it is not exactly a priority.