Friday, January 13, 2012

Progress Being Made... Mostly

So I finally finished off some of my Space Marines. Woo hooo!!! I completed the 10 man Tactical Squad and the Razorback Tank (with both of its turret choices) that I'd had on the go for ages, as well as start and finish painting the Contemptor Dreadnought that I bought myself as a Xmas present, as frankly it was way too nice a model to leave alone. I've magnetised the arm sockets and the weapons (currently an Assault Cannon and a Close Combat Arm with built-in Storm Bolter but I plan on getting more arms as soon as I can afford them). which was devilishly tricky to do, but very happy with the finished result as it gives the model far more versatility than it would have had otherwise.

However, as lovely as it is to get those off the To-Do List and onto my display shelf, my Housemate Gareth went and bought me a Space Marine Bike for Xmas. Not an Attack Bike, Tony bought me one of those, but a regular bike, which means I now need to buy more of them in order to be able to actually field it. I don't have the money to do that right now, but when I do I'll be getting another 7 of them so that along with the Attack Bike I can field a full unit of 10, which should be pretty awesome.

I plan on getting the Ravenwing Battalion Box, which is pretty cool. While I don't play Dark Angels, it has 6 Bikes, another Attack Bike (which along with the one my brother Rhys is getting for my birthday next week will also give me the option to instead field a unit of 3 Attack Bikes), and a Land Speeder too, along with a ton of bits for customising figures and vehicles. I also need to get a bunch of the sculpted shoulder pads from Games Workshop bits Mail Order as frankly I'm terrible at using transfers and I think they look better anyway. My eventual goal is to have the entire Third Company of the Imperial Fists, plus support from the First and Tenth companies, but that's more of a long term thing. I'm not in any hurry to assemble and paint up another 4 Tactical Squads, one yes, four NO!

I was suppossed to be clearing space on my painting desk, but as I type this sat on it behind me are the assembled forms of 5 Scouts and 5 Assault Marines with Jump Packs and I'm about a third of the way through assembling the other 5 Assault Marines. The reason for this is that my circle of friends have formed a league for our Warhammer 40,000 battles and I have my first match tomorrow, a grudge match against Richie's Eldar. Last time I whupped the floor with them, so he's eager for revenge. Should be fun.

No comments: