Monday, January 02, 2012

Pain

Hello 2012... I hate you already.

This is because since waking up on New Years Day I've had a truly ridiculous amount of pain in the right side of my neck and also the shoulder/arm joint on that side. I've taken painkillers and they do nothing. I've applied Deep Heat muscle rub to try and soothe the pain, which did nothing. Slept flat on my back last night, and that didn't help either, if anything the pain is worse today than it was yesterday and it was at times making me gasp then.

I can relieve the pain by lying down, which for a time alleviates it somewhat as the weight of my head is no longer sat on my neck, but I can't just lie on my back all day doing nothing. I somehow need to get to the shops and buy a few things, as I'm out of bread, cold meat, pop, sugar and almost out of milk too. Simply getting to the shops is going to be a herculean effort, yet alone the problem of how I'm meant to carry my purchases back with me.

What truly annoys me about this isn't the pain so much (though it is very annoying), it's more that I don't know how I hurt myself and so don't know what not to do to prevent it happening again. I went to bed early on New Year's Eve, skipping the party that friends were attending as I just didn't feel like attending. By 11pm I was sound asleep, only to wake up in the early hours in agony. There are times I feel like I was born to suffer, this would be one of them.

No comments: