Saturday, December 24, 2011

Urrggghhhhh

Otherwise know as the oligatory over-reacting to a touch of flu post! Yeah I'm ill, and it sucks to be ill at this time of year, especially as I'm due to head over my parents house tomorrow morning (though I'm tempted to go today as I can catch a bus if I do so). It started with a thumping headache on Wednesday which brought on dizziness and vomiting, and pretty much confined me to bed for the whole day. While my body knackered itself out sorting them out, it seems flu crept in unnoticed and managed to establish a beachhead that my tired immune system is now having some diffculty in dislodging.

This particular strain of flu seems to have been concocted with a peverse sense of humour though as it is keeping me drowsy and craving sleep, and yet I cannot sleep. I just lie there for hours staring at the inside of my eyelids. I've been awake since about 3am currently as I got fed up or trying to sleep and though maybe an hour or two being awake would make me nod off... so far no luck.

Thankfully Gareth is off out to the shops, so I've thrust a tenner in his hand and begged him to drop by Boots chemists and pick me up a bottle of Covonia cough medicine, which is the rough equvalent of declaring nuclear war on this flu. It is by far the foulest tasting and most powerful cough medicine I know of, the taste is akin to gargling with petrol, but by golly does it work!

Really hoping to get some of that down my neck, sort this damn cough out and hopefully the drowsiness too, get a nap in and then decide whether to head over my parents house today or leave it to tomorrow morning.

No comments: