Friday, December 23, 2011

Painting Update

Well my painting proceeds slowly but surely. I have abandoned the attempt to try and get a good score on Cool Mini or Not for this year, took too long a break mid year in painting to be able to catch up and improve my skills enough for that to remain a feasible goal, so that's now one for 2012. I've found that I am very good at starting projects and not so hot on finishing them, however, I now am in the position that I'm running out of room on my painting desk for any new start-up's, so I aim to finish a bunch of figures for my Space Marine Army so as to free up some room, and also because it's looking likely that our group of  friends will be getting some games together soon, there's been talk of a league being formed and I'm determined to be able to field a fully painted army right from the start.

Thus far I have finished painting the following:
  • A 5 man Terminator Squad. Not happy with them as had not really finalised my army colour scheme when I painted them, so they will do, for now, but will be replaced in time.
  • A 10 man Tactical Squad. Very happy with these.
  • An Emperor's Champion. Mostly happy with this guy, could have turned out better, but he will suffice. He is going to be one of my Chapter Master's honour guards.
I am in the process of painting the following:
  • A Techmarine with Servo Harness.
  • A 10 man Tactical Squad.
  • A Chapter Master (Pedro Kantor figure) and 2 honour guards.
  • A Predator Tank.
  • A Whirlwind Tank.
  • A Razorback Tank.
  • A Chaplain in Terminator Armour.
  • Captain Lysander.
And I have the following to assemble & paint up still:
  • A 10 man Assault Squad.
  • A 5 man Scout Squad.
  • 2x 10 man Devastator Squads.
  • 2x Rhino Tanks.
  • A Razorback Tank.
  • A Contemptor-pattern Dreadnought.
  • A Space Marine Attack Bike.
  • A 6 man Sternguard Veteran Squad.
All in all a pretty formidable force and one I'm hoping will be up to the challenges that will be posed by battling against Tony's Tau, Emil's Ultramarines, Charlie's Dark Eldar, Valda's Ork's, Richie's Eldar, Mike's Tyranids and Lee's Imperial Guards. I'm certainly not going to lack for variety in my opponents!

No comments: