Thursday, September 21, 2006

Locked Out

I guess it had to happen eventually. Today for the first time since I've been living in my current home, I left the house without my keys. I was pretty quick to realise this, in fact I was stood outside (having just left the house), when I patted my pockets to check that I had what I needed on me. Wallet? Check! Delivery Slip from the Royal Mail? Check! Keys? Fuck, bugger, shit, damn etc etc!!

As you might have guessed I was heading out on a walk to go and fetch a parcel from the Royal Mail Sorting Office as it wouldn't fit through our letterbox. There are currently 5 parcels/packets which I am expecting, and this could have been any of them. So I made the best of a bad situation. Knowing that Gareth would be home around 4:30ish, and the time then being just before 3pm, I took a leisurely stroll through French Weir Park to the Sorting Office, and picked up my parcel. Which was tiny. Of all the parcels I am expecting, this was the smallest.

Having fetched that I headed to the flat of my good friend Richard Adams, figuring that he'd likely be in and wanting some place to hang out for an hour or two. So we chatted whilst he was installing the City of Villains game, and we watched a couple episodes of Futurama (a show that I adore), until it was time for me to head on home, via a quick stop in Morrisons to pick up a loaf of Tiger Bread, some Roule cheese and a can of Corned Beef.

Thankfully by the time I got home, Gareth had been home for some time and he was quick to answer the door (likely helped along by my continually knocking the door until he opened it. This may also have contibuted to the decidely frosty greeting I got!). So I got locked out earlier today, which is a stupid thing to do, but for it to have happened once in the over 2 years I've been living here now is, I think, a pretty good record. Certainly this was a lot less hassle than the time I locked myself out of my old flat on Priorswood Road... now that was trouble!

No comments: